Registration is now open!
Click here to register online.
Click here to view Frequently Asked Questions – and answers – regarding the registration process and the Educator Conference experience.
Click here to view a comprehensive program outlining keynote speakers, concurrent sessions, lunch & learn sessions, daily schedules at-a-glance, and a special evening event.
About the conference:
Presented by the Alliance Theatre, Atlanta Symphony Orchestra, and High Museum of Art, the fourth annual Woodruff Arts Center Educator Conference will take place June 6-8, 2017. One of Atlanta's most dynamic and collaborative professional learning events, this year’s Educator Conference will explore the theme: Building Community through the Arts. Over the course of three days, participants will experience world-class art and engage in workshops led by professional artists and educators in order to reflect upon the essential question: How does my practice build community through the arts?
Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Reflect on a compelling new theme
- Hear from outstanding keynote speakers, nationally recognized keynote speakers
- Experience world-class art on The Woodruff Arts Center
- Connect and collaborate with colleagues to create practical classroom resources
- Participate in one conference track, or explore an array of topics, including:
- Early Childhood Education
- Fine Arts Instruction (Orchestral Music,Theater, Visual Art)
- Arts Integration (Connecting Music, Theater, or Visual Art to other content areas, such as English/Language Arts, Science and Social Studies); and
- STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Mathematics)
- Michael John Garcés, Artistic Director, Cornerstone Theater (Los Angeles, CA)
- Bryan Stevenson, Founder and Executive Director, Equal Justice Initiative (Montgomery, AL)
- Stanford Thompson, Founder and Artistic Director, Play on Philly! (Philadelphia, PA)
This is the premier arts education conference for you! Workshops are designed for educators (Pre-K through Grade 12), administrators, teaching artists, and relevant practitioners. Expand your Professional Learning Community at #WACEdConf17!
- Registration Fee (After February 28): $100/person for all three days
- Group Rate (10+ people registered by a single district or school): 10% off – please contact Liz Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in securing a Group Rate
- Please note that the Conference Fee does not include the cost of Parking. Click here for more information regarding parking at and near the Woodruff Arts Center.
Access Resources from Previous Year:
to access resources from last year's Woodruff Arts Center Educator Conference.
Click here to view Frequently Asked Questions – and answers – regarding the registration process and the Educator Conference experience or contact Liz Davis, Manager of Education Services, Woodruff Arts Center at (404) 733-5256 or email@example.com.
Thank you to our sponsors!